The Bissell House, located in Pasadena, CA, warmly welcomes all guests. However, due to the historic significance of our 1887 Victorian inn, it is not completely wheelchair accessible. Removal of necessary physical barriers for complete accessibility is not readily achievable as such removal would threaten or destroy the historic significance of the property.
The physical barriers include the following:
- The walkway from the parking to the front door has some level changes.
- Elevated access requires climbing 5 or more steps.
- All guest rooms are located on the second and third floors.
- Due to the historic nature of the building, the interior structure includes narrow hallways and doorways that do not accommodate a wheelchair.
- There is no elevator.
- No rooms include a roll in shower.
So all guests can enjoy Bissell House significant steps have been taken to remove barriers where possible at our property. We offer the following for those with limited mobility:
- Anna Bissell, English Holiday, Victoria’s Room: 2nd floor rooms with step in shower with non-slip mats upon request.
- Luggage assistance upon request.
- With 24 hour notice, we can also accommodate special diets including vegetarian, vegan, dairy-free, gluten-free, low-carb and low-fat.
Our goal is to ensure that anyone who wishes to visit Bissell House can do so, regardless of their physical abilities. Among the ways we strive to comply with the ADA:
- It is our standard operating procedure that individuals with disabilities be able to make reservations for an accommodation during the same hours and in the same manner as individuals who do not have disabilities.
- We have identified and described features as well as physical barriers with enough detail to allow individuals with disabilities to determine independently whether a given guest room meets their needs.
- We guarantee that a guest room, once reserved, is held for the reserving customer and is removed from all reservation systems.
- Guests with legitimate service dogs will be provided access to all areas of the inn where members of the public are allowed to go.
For special accommodation needs, please call us directly at (626) 441-3535 so we can help you determine the best guest room to ensure you have a comfortable arrival and enjoyable stay.
We are committed to facilitating the accessibility and usability of this website for all people with disabilities. We will continue to implement the relevant portions of the World Wide Web Consortium’s Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0 Level AA (WCAG 2.0 AA) or such other standards as required by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). On a periodic basis, our website will be tested with assistive technology. Please be aware that our efforts are ongoing. You may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (626) 441-3535 with questions or concerns regarding ADA accessibility issues, including issues accessing the website.